A brief report on the activities of the Rotaract Club of Shishu Mandir for May 2017.
- Day 1-We reached Paparajanahalli at 4:30pm which is one among seven villages. We stayed in a government school. The place was very untidy. We cleaned the place for camping; water was fetched from the well and cleaned the toilets. We went around the village to tell about the camp and to send their children to participate in our programme.
- Day 2-we gathered 35 children and taught them songs and made the children play games. Rotaractors were divided into three groups. The first group went to the village survey, the second one conducted games for the children and the third taught them English songs.
- In the afternoon we showed videos to the children and there was a session about health and hygiene which was conducted by Rtr.Brijita.
- Each Rotaractor took two children from the village and taught them stories. Swatch Bharath drama was taught to the village children by the Rotaractors.
- Day 3-On the third we went to a Eco walk in the morning, it was a bit similar to trekking. Our main motive was to clean the village on this day. So we conducted a game called “Swatch Hunt” in this Rotaractors were divided into 3 groups and were given different places to clean. We all enjoyed doing it and went on till afternoon.
- In the atfernoon we gathered children and we taught them Art and craft. Later all the Rotaractors took part in planting the saplings, it made the villagers very happy.
- Day 4-We gathered the children we conducted games for the children. Later we had conducted Talent show and we distributed prizes for the children.
- We had another game called ice breaker. After the game we cleaned up the place where we stayed and packed our bags and left to Anthargange.
- There we went to a temple and spent some time there. We enjoyed panipuri as our evening snack and were back to school at 6:10 pm.
Office Bearers Elections:
- President Elect – Rtr.Shammu S.
- Secretary Elect – Rtr.Caroline D’Almeida
- Vice President – Rtr.Cynthia Rani D.
- Treasurer – Rtr.Suman I.
- Directors – Rtr.Kusuma and Rtr.Shruthi
- Sargent At Arms – Rtr.Haritha